Monday, May 4, 2009

Blog #3; The Kite Runner

This story has many ups and downs. First its happy then it turns to sad then it's back to happy and just when you think the story will keep getting happier, it turns sad again. Baba's death was so sad. A lot of people showed up to the funeral but Amir was heartbroken. I'm really glad that he convinced his father to talk to the general before he died though. Amir and Soraya make such a good cuple! Also I think Baba's growth as a character was very big. He went from being ashamed of his son to really caring for him. Showing him the light on his watch to keep him focused in the dark fuel tank truck, getting him a car, supporting his writing, helping him with his marriage, and including Amir in his life. I've really enjoyed this story so far, all the ups and the downs.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that I do not remember all of the details of these characters, but I do remember enjoying this novel and being engrossed by it. What are some of the big ideas that this novel is leading your to think about lately?

    ReplyDelete